Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Awesome Bag Complete!

The bag in finally complete! I successfully created the buttonholes on the strap:




The buttonholes aren't quite perfect, but I created them finally!
After I created them, I showed the buttonholes to my mom and after she admired them she said "You still could have just sewed the buttons to the bag". She still isn't convinced about the buttonholes...I don't get it!


I carefully sliced open the buttonholes with a razor blade. Next I spent a lovely hour sewing the buttons on the bag. I opted to only put 3 buttons on each side, so the strap would be longer. This was a little more challenging just sewing a normal button as I was sewing buttons on both sides of the bag- so sewing 2 buttons at once. My fingers are bearing the abuse from this as usual...my finger tips are currently numb, but at least they have stopped bleeding. :)




The buttons aren't exactly sewed evenly but close enough!


Amazingly the buttonholes lined up with the buttons!


The buttons inside the bag, so it can be reversed. 

So it may have taken over a week to finish, but the "Awesome Bag" is finally complete!




At least one more craft before the end of break!


A

No comments:

Post a Comment