Friday, October 10, 2014

Summer Update....

It has been a long time since I last posted but it was summer and Ben and I enjoyed every minute of it. It feels like it just began and it is already Fall. We spent summer just as it should be, at the cabin, visiting friends and family, and eating as many meals as we could outside. Not working weekends this summer made it extra special, I definitely enjoyed every minute of it.

The best part of this summer was that we took the majority of the summer off from house projects. It was much needed and well deserved (in my opinion). I can never totally stay away from house projects so we did some small projects outside. We tackled tearing down our shed, and redoing some landscaping in May. Also one Saturday this summer my Dad came over to help trim some trees. Well that project turned into Gary and Ben cut down 3 trees. There was a lot of screaming (by me) and only a small injury when Gary fell off a ladder. That was probably one of the scariest things I have watched happen. Luckily he was only 5 feet off the ground and managed to fall onto a bunch of vines that cushioned his fall. I of course instantly went into nurse mode and was ready to call 911, but he was fine. Of course 2 weeks later when we were at my parent's house, Ben and Gary started strategizing about cutting some huge trees down in the yard. My mom wasn't thrilled with that idea so she smartly hired some trained professionals for that project. :)

Labor Day weekend Ben and I didn't go to the cabin but instead decided to do some house projects. Really what I should say is that I decided I wanted to some more landscaping projects. Ben was just the lucky guy I chose to help me with them. We moved a bunch of rock from the back yard to our side yard, planted some new bushes and laid down mulch. On Sunday we finally decided to install our new window in the kitchen. It was the only window on the main floor that hadn't been replaced since Ben bought the house. Ben tore out the old window and then we realized we had purchased the wrong size window, back to Menards we went. We couldn't find a window that would fit exactly, the guy at Home Depot suggested special ordering a window. Thanks, sir, super helpful but I already have a hole in the side of my house. Instead we went to Menards and found a window that would be a tight fit but we thought we could make it work. Ben and I had a wonderful time installing the window (alright that was a complete lie). The important thing is that at the end of the day we had a new window that functioned properly.

Here are a few pictures of the window project, the landscaping you might have to wait to see until next Spring. :)

Out with the old and in with the new...





We still need to finish the inside trim around the window but we are going to wait to do that until we get our new counter tops.

That is all for this post, next post I will fill you in on one my favorite but most expensive purchases.

Cheers,

A




No comments:

Post a Comment