Friday, December 30, 2011

Jersey Knit Bracelet

This afternoon I was watching the movie Austrailia with my dad and I decided to attempt a craft. I have been wanting to try this bracelet for a while, and since it required very few supplies, I decided it would be a good one to try this afternoon. I used my left over jersey knit fabric from my Bow Tie Top. 


The tutorial was super confusing to me, so it was good I had a movie to distract me. I redid this bracelet about 6 times. I decided to weave on 2 fingers because I liked the look of that bracelet. Since I did a simpler weave and I have tiny wrists I was able to get away with using only 1 strip of jersey fabric 1" wide and about 58" long. 


The only supplies required!




My first attempts to follow the tutorial were a mess. I couldn't understand the directions, but I also couldn't describe a better way to do it, so if you want to do it, stop by and I will demonstrate. :) I was so frustrated and kept starting over. My dad felt sorry for me and offered to let me weave the bracelet on his fingers if it would be easier. haha! 


This is not the correct way- it was a HOT mess

Totally uneven!


Undoing my work again!


Eventually I got the hang of it but my first bracelet was unevenly woven so I pulled it apart and started again. I used the extra strip I cut at the beginning and made a second bracelet. I think I would like this bracelet more in a brighter color but for now the black is okay, and it matches the ring I made yesterday. 





Also, good things are coming next week. I am going to make "The Awesome Bag" check it out on my pinterest. It involves a lot of complicated sewing and making 10 buttonholes; it should make for some good blogging!


A

No comments:

Post a Comment