Tuesday, March 19, 2013

House Series: Bathroom Part 3

Sunday, Sunday, a much better day!! :)

We started off with a 45 minute drive to the Buffalo Menards to get the tile. The whole way there I was so nervous that they wouldn't have the tiles. I jumped for joy in the tile aisle when I found the tiles and we bought a whole box so we would for sure have enough tile. We got to Ben's house around 10 and started tiling. Things went so much smoother and we laid the last tile at 2:14pm (the goal was 2pm)- woo hoo!!!

We cleaned up, ran to my apartment to shower, and went to my parents for a home cooked dinner and much needed break from the bathroom.


Monday: The plan was to grout. We were both tired, we didn't get out to the house until 6:45pm to grout and determined that we had to scrap a bunch of thinset from between the tiles before we could grout. Well....one of the tiles fell of the wall and I wanted to die. Ben and I were so annoyed. At this point I really just wanted to go to bed but instead Ben ran to the hardware store to get more thinset while I chizeled the thinset from the wall where the tile was missing. About 30 minutes later I knocked 2 tiles down from the wall and then I wanted to sit down and cry. Luckily it was only those 3 tiles that fell. We put them back up, made sure they were secure, finished cleaning between the tiles and left for the night.


Tuesday: Took a much needed night off.

Wednesday: We grouted! YAY!! Ben started the grouting but I took it over quickly I decided I have a 'knack' for grouting (not really but I liked my grout job better) and Ben got the awesome job of cleaning the tiles about 6000 times. After we finished we had to clean the tiles every 20-30 minutes for 2 hours. We sat on the couch for the first time in weeks, watched Top Chef on demand, and took breaks to clean the tiles.

We are pretty excited with how it looks.....





Next up we have to finish the floors before the bathtub guy comes to refinish it! :)

Cheers,

A

No comments:

Post a Comment