Thursday, March 28, 2013

House Series: Bathroom Part 4

I have the day off today and I was supposed to be painting the bathroom but as usual...we are behind schedule. When I started this project my mom told me to expect it to take twice as long and cost twice as much. Well...as usual she was right. We honestly thought we could get most of this done in a week to 2 weeks. We are now into week 4. I could give you all of our excuses, work being the main one but also we have taken a few nights off...you can only go to Home Depot so many times in one week. As for the budget...who knows, I haven't totaled the receipts and I am not going to- it is better that way, trust me.

Awesome point of last week: We ordered a new shower head/faucet set shower from Lowe's after the one we wanted they didn't have in store (even though they had it displayed). We had to call them to order the faucet because their website wouldn't let us order it (annoying) but the lady on the phone said we would have it by last Wednesday. On Thursday we still hadn't received it so I called Lowe's. After looking up the order they informed me that my item was back ordered.....
Me: "Where you planning on informing us of that"
Lowe's awesome customer service: No.
Me: "Ok....well when is it supposed to ship"
Lowe's awesome customer service: "You should get it by the end of March."
Me: "Will we receive an email or notification when it is shipped?"
Lowe's awesome customer service: "No, we will just send it to you".

Lowe's is not impressing me with their customer service at all. Let's just say it was a good thing that I was the one on the phone and not Ben (surprisingly he has less patience for these people than I do...and I didn't think that possible...as I always say I can't stand incompetence..ha).

Beyond that, Ben installed the floor last weekend. We opted for vinyl tile and I think it looks great!

We also had the tub professionally resurfaced...and it looks awesome! They did a great job and the tub looks brand new. I was so excited when the guy showed it to me that I almost cried (sad I know but it has been years since I have had a clean bathtub, that I can take a bubble bath in).


We are currently in the process of finishing the drywalling, mudding, taping, painting project. New pictures next week!

Cheers,

A

No comments:

Post a Comment